The Corning 3L spinner flask body is constructed of polystyrene, paddle and shaft from polypropylene and caps from high density polyethylene. All are made of USP Class VI and ISO 10993-18 compliant materials.
· Preassembled Flasks have one aseptic connector preassembled to one side arm. Opposite side arm has a flat cap (Cat. No. 3568)
· Recommended working range of 300 mL to 3L.
· Extended paddle design ensures constant top-to-bottom motion of the liquid without having to adjust the height of the paddle.
· Bottom contours on the paddle hug the shape of the flask, eliminating dead spots.
· Two wide neck openings for easy pouring; easily accept a 100 mL pipet.
· Vertical side baffles break up laminar flow - ensures better mixing and maximizes cell production.
· Each system is supplied individually double bagged.
· Sterilized by gamma irradiation; have the Highest Sterility Assurance Level (SAL) of 10⁻⁶.
· Single use only. Flasks cannot be autoclaved or resterilized with alcohol. Any attempt to do so will result in degradation of the materials.
· Optional Vented Caps (Cat. No 3567) and Aseptic Transfer Caps (Cat. No. 3564) are available.
· Aseptic Transfer Caps are sterile (10-6 SAL), individually double bagged and fit the side arms on 1L Corning® Disposable Spinner Flasks (Cat. No. 3563).
· Cap is made of high density polyethylene; autoclaving is not recommended.
· The venting port ends in a 25mm diameter vent filter with a 0.2 µm pore PVDF membrane and a barbed fitting.
· The liquid transfer port has an internal end with a rigid polypropylene dip tube angled to reach the bottom of the flask and on the external side a 1/8 inch ID (3.2mm), 1/4 inch OD chemically resistant, heat sealable flexible tubing, ending in a male Luer lock (MLL) connector closed with a female Luer sealing cap.
· Designed for both suspension and adherent cell culture applications and optimized for use with Corning microcarriers.